● All 1st and 2nd placings with a score over 60.00% will qualify for the Championship.
● Qualification will be passed down if those placed 1st or 2nd have already qualified for
● Classes are split into Senior & Junior.
● Points are awarded based on placing as follows:
1st place = 6 points, 2nd place = 5 points, 3rd place = 4 points, 4th place = 3 points, 5th place =
2 points, 6th place = 1 point
Followed by additional points for the percentage achieved in accordance with the scales below:
60.00 – 61.99% 1 point
62.00 – 63.99% 2 points
64.00 – 65.99% 3 points
66.00 – 67.99% 4 points
68.00 – 69.99% 5 points
70.00 – 71.99% 6 points
72.00% and above 7 points
Entries Close the Sunday before the event date. Times posted during the week before the
Please note if you wish to have a member of Washington Riding Centre Staff call your test out
for you, this can be booked via Equoevents at the time of entry or can be done when declaring
your arrival and THE £1 FEE PAID IN CASH to the Secretary.
PLEASE NOTE: NO CALLER WILL BE ALLOWED FOR THE FINAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Our unaffiliated series is run under BD rules and where possible we use BD registered Judges
or trainee judges with a wealth of experience.
Rules and Information for Washington Riding Centre Unaffiliated Dressage Series
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY – By entering you are deemed to have agreed to the following:
● Smoking and dogs are prohibited within the grounds. A smoking point is by the double
gates at the entrance only and please use bins provided.
● All 1st and 2nd placings and relevant scores will qualify for the Championships in each
Section. Classes are split into Junior and Senior sections. Qualification is passed down if
those placed 1st or 2nd have already qualified for the championship.
● Any horse and rider combination who have won a championship test at previous series
championships are not eligible to enter at the same level or below for future series or to
compete in a championship class at that level or below also. They can compete at the
same level during the series but are not eligible to qualify for the championship.
● For a championship class to go ahead there must be a minimum of 3 competitors
If you wish to have a member of Washington Riding Centre Staff call your test out for
you, this can be booked via Equoevents at the time of entry or can be done when
declaring your arrival and THE £1 fee PAID IN CASH to the Secretary.
● NO REFUNDS or TRANSFER of entries will be made due to rider cancellation
● If due to unforeseen circumstances Washington Riding Centre cancel an event, entries
will be carried forward to the next competition. NO REFUNDS GIVEN.
● Junior competitors are 16 years and under on the 1st of January of the year of
competition. Senior competitors are 17 years and over.
● All competitions run under BD Rules including competitor dress, saddlery and tack.
● All persons enter the show and its grounds at their own risk & Washington Riding Centre
accept no responsibility for injury, accident, or loss.
● The organisers reserve the right to ask any competitor to leave the arena if they feel any
animal is unfit to compete or being unfairly treated.
● The organisers will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to persons, animals
● All persons must be vigilant of vehicles and animals moving round the show area and
should abide by the spectator/horse only zones and prohibited areas at all time.
● Horses/ponies must be supervised at all times. Horses/ponies MUST NOT be left tied to
vehicles including horseboxes unattended.
● Rubbish must be placed in the bins provided or removed from the show ground.
● Vehicles must not be mucked out on the show ground or any part of the facility.
● It is compulsory for horses to have Public Liability Insurance.
● Any person behaving inappropriately will be asked to leave and will be disqualified.
● Children under the age of 16 years MUST be supervised by an adult at all times.
● THE JUDGE’S DECISION IS FINAL. Anyone acting discourteously to any
judge/steward/organiser will be asked to leave the grounds.
● Vehicles including trailers parked on the premises are left entirely at the owner’s risk.
● All horses entered must be of good health and have appropriate up to date vaccinations
and worm control to prevent any risk to other horses.
● All travelling horses and ponies must have a valid passport with them. All horses must
be fully vaccinated.
● All horses/ponies competing in ridden classes to be 4 years old or over.
● It is the responsibility of the competitors to be at the arena on time. Late arrivals may forfeit their chance to compete.
● No person will enter the arena unless required to do so to compete or at the specific
request of the judge.
● All competitors should consider carefully the classes they enter. No refunds/transfer of
classes will be given under any circumstances whatsoever.
● Any complaints must be lodged, in writing, with the show secretary within 30 minutes of
the close of the class. A deposit of £30 must be left which will be returned if the
complaint is upheld.
Please note that anyone bringing their own horse to the centre MUST present the horse’s
passport to a member of staff before unloading. A horse will only be permitted at the centre if it
has had its booster within the last six months.
Thank you for your understanding.